Tim Holtz Named Director of Communications & AAHA Officials Tournament Coordinator
It is my pleasure to announce that Tim Holtz (Ardmore, PA) has been appointed to the position of Director of Communications and AAHA Coordinator of Tournament Officials.
Tim Holtz has been a valuable member of our staff over the past few years and with the ever-growing opportunities that are being presented to officials of all ages, and levels of certifications, it is time to provide each of these USA Hockey Programs to our membership in a timely and organized fashion via email and internet.
Tim Holtz will be responsible for providing announcements of USA Hockey Officiating initiatives along with AAHA updates on local opportunities.
In respect to the added responsibilities of AAHA Coordinator of Tournament Officials, he will be responsible for the assignment of officials for AAHA sponsored events, such as District Play-Ins and Play-Offs, along with showcases when appropriate.
Below is a short officials bio for Tim Holtz:
- USAH Official 2004-Present
- USAH Seminar Instructor- 2010-Present
- USAH Evaluation Program- 2008-Present
- NCAA Women's Division 1 (College Hockey America) Referee 2012-Present
- Founding Member of South Jersey Ice Hockey Officials Association (SJIHOA) 2004-Present (Currently President of the Chapter)
- Mid-Atlantic Hockey Officials Association (MAHOA/ACHA) Board member and Assignor
- Philadelphia Flyers Video Replay Technician 2013-Present
Highlights & Accomplishments:
- 2008-Selected for USAH Tier 3 Jr Nationals
- 2008-Selected for USAH Tier 2 Youth Nationals
- 2013 & 2014-Selected for CHA Women Division 1 Championships
- Selected for Multiple ACHA National Tournaments
I would like to congratulate Tim Holtz to his appointment to these positions and look forward to enhancement of communication with our officiating community.